Translate

Friday, August 12, 2011

ALIVE! The Farm At San Benito Green Smoothie

I've never been to The Farm at San Benito (Batangas, Philippines) and I've never eaten at their restaurant called "Alive!."  A great name for a restaurant don't you think? This restaurant is one of the first vegan restaurant in Asia.  I've heard good reviews about their food - organic, natural, and yet very tasty!  I can't wait to go there and try the food myself.  In the meantime, I got hold of their Green Smoothie recipe through heart2heart.  I think it's the same drink labeled as Chef Schoener's Superfood in their Shakes & Smoothies menu.

Green Smoothie ingredients




Green Smoothie

1 piece ripe Mango
1 piece ripe Banana
1/4 cup Pineapple (I prefer removing the core which is a bit tough)
2 stalks Celery
1 or more cups of greens (Lettuce, Kangkong, Petchay, etc.)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1/2 cup water or coconut water
ice cubes, optional

Method:
Blend all ingredients together until smooth.

It's not the first time for me to try a Green Smoothie as I have been adding this to my diet since May 2011.  I take it in the afternoon just before dinner time.  One thing I noticed is how much filling it is that I hardly need to eat any more for dinner.  It also reduces my cravings for sweets and chips at night.  I also noticed that it gives me a lot of energy when I take it before my Badminton sessions!  It's a super food indeed! Something that I'd keep in my diet for a lifetime.

With this Green Smoothie recipe, it was my first time to incorporate salt in the mixture.  The salt really cuts through the sweetness of the fruits.  And the Celery adds a beautiful aroma to the drink together with a subtle pepper flavor.  I didn't include lemon juice and I added a few sprigs of parsley on the green smoothie that I tried by the way, and it was still delicious!  I chugged my green smoothie in just a minute!  

Believe it or not, writing this article actually makes me salivate! I still have Petchay (Native Bok choi), Kangkong, Celery, and Parsley on the chiller.  I think I'll make myself another one later today. yum! 



Send NEW articles to your Email for FREE. Subscribe to My Friend Sun Jun by Email now. Click this link!


Related Articles:



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

You might want to check out the following sites as well:
FREE Photo stories
Online Marketing Strategies
Start Up your Own Business
FREE Personal Finance Site

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow Ups

Samurai of Light | Photo Blog

Samurai of Light | Photo Blog
Visit my Photo Blog

MONEY MAGNETS FREE!!!