Translate

Saturday, May 28, 2011

1, 2, 3 ... RON! (Ukokkei Ramen Ron)

"I finally found someone, that knocks me off my feet.  
I finally found the one, that makes me feel complete."  


Ramen that is.  But not just any kind of Ramen!  It's to-die-for Ramen!  Ramen that taste like it really came from Japan!  Finally found it at Ukokkei Ramen Ron.  Here are three reasons why you should try it.
Ukokkei Ramen Ron

1: It's very good!


Looking at the three Chinese characters that make up the name Ukokkei (烏骨鶏), individually, they actually stand for "Crow" "Bones" and "Chicken."  I had a hard time comprehending this because of the redundancy of having two kinds of birds in the name.  It only all made sense when on a certain blog post I read that the restaurant actually uses Black Chicken bones to prepare the soup.  That gave me some relief, as I don't think I would like to eat Crow at all. (^o^)/

2: It's very very good!

Tan Tan Men! 390 pesos

It takes time to prepare a broth as rich and flavorful as this!  Just from the look of it, you'd know that it would taste really good.  This is how ramen should be!  I hate ramen shops who use consomme powders as substitute.  It just doesn't taste nice.  

I ordered the Tan-Tan Men.  Just try it!  It will blow your mind away.  It was so good that I couldn't wait for it to cool down a bit - burnt my mouth a little and left a numbing feel the next day.  It's a bit costly at 390 pesos but it's worth it.

Ukokkei Shoyu Chashu Ramen

Accompanying food scout ordered the Ukokkei Shoyu Chashu Ramen.  Got no complains from her as well.  She gobbled up the whole ramen a good 10 minutes before I finished! (^o^)/ 

3: It's very very very good!      


The Ramen cooks and chefs even wear that signature white towel that they wrap over their heads.  Along with the stools facing the kitchen, these make up for a semi-authentic experience.  So eat your Ramen like the Japanese would - suck the noodles as loud as you can! And when you're done eating and you really enjoyed your meal, show your appreciation by shouting "GO-CHI-SOU-SA-MA!" out loud!


So what are you waiting for ... 1 , 2, 3 ... RON!  
The master awaits (^o^)/ 
Master RON


Forget about ordering Gyouza.  It was really burnt.  Technically, this is what you would call a Yaki Gyouza.  Somehow, I miss the plain Gyouzas where you don't grill or fry one side.  Haven't tried the other dishes, but basing on how they prepared the Gyouza, this may not be the place for other Japanese favorites.  One thing for sure though is that it's definitely the right place for RAMEN!
  

Ukokkei Ramen Ron
Tesoro Building
822 A. Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road), Makati City.
(Beside PSBank)

Send NEW articles to your Email for FREE. Subscribe to My Friend Sun Jun by Email now. Click this link!


Related Articles:



Share

2 comments:

  1. OMG! you have just made me crave for a good ramen! it's been awhile for me since I had ramen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you find one near your place ^^ i'm definitely going back to this place when I'm back in manila ^^ ibang klase talaga ^^ maybe i'll try miso butter next time! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you.

You might want to check out the following sites as well:
FREE Photo stories
Online Marketing Strategies
Start Up your Own Business
FREE Personal Finance Site

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow Ups

Samurai of Light | Photo Blog

Samurai of Light | Photo Blog
Visit my Photo Blog

MONEY MAGNETS FREE!!!