Translate

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cheer Up! Somebody is looking after you.

THE LIVING DEAD

When we talk about the living dead we usually refer to zombies or people who have died but have somehow managed to rise from the dead and roam among the living.  While they are literally dead they roam with a specific goal in mind, mostly to search for fresh human flesh to consume, as depicted in most fictional stories.  My question now is, what do you call the living who are more dead than the dead.  Does that make sense to you?  They are those who are stuck in a routine, they eat the same food, they don't want to try anything new, they are apprehensive to leave the comforts of their home, they lack goals, and probably most revealing of all is the fact that they're afraid to die and try to do everything in their powers to stay alive despite living a life that most would consider dead.  Have you encountered people like this in your life?

THE UNCLE WHO LOVED LECHON


I once had an uncle who loved Lechon.  Every time he would visit Davao, his only requests would be to play a game of Mahjong and to eat Lechon!  He would make this request despite his debilitating health condition.  He knows that cholesterol is bad for him and that his time on earth would be greatly lessened if he continuous to eat Lechon.  I can only speculate as to why he chose to live this way.  I guess it was due to the fact that given his old age, his days on earth were numbered anyway, regardless whether he ate Lechon or not.  And one can only respect him for choosing to eat his favorites and live life the way he wanted to.  
  
 IN THE END

In the end, death comes to us all.  While I am for staying healthy and keeping fit to be able to uphold our responsibilities - like to our families, I think I believe more in living life to the fullest and not worrying about death as a better way to live.  In fact, I think I would greatly prefer to die young.  And preferably while doing the things that I love.  I would hate to be one of the living dead.  

CHEER UP!

At the start of the year, I resolved to actively blog about Food, Travel, and Photography.  We're past the halfway mark already and I'm glad that I have been able to actively pursue this passion for blogging (and food, travel, and photography).  Expect more things to come for the second half of 2011!

Last weekend, when I was surrounded by the living dead, somebody went out of their way to cheer me up.  The coffee drippings from my Starbucks coffee mug formed my favorite icon of all time!  The smiley face! Way cool!      
















Send NEW articles to your Email for FREE. Subscribe to My Friend Sun Jun by Email now. Click this link!


Related Articles:



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

You might want to check out the following sites as well:
FREE Photo stories
Online Marketing Strategies
Start Up your Own Business
FREE Personal Finance Site

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow Ups

Samurai of Light | Photo Blog

Samurai of Light | Photo Blog
Visit my Photo Blog

MONEY MAGNETS FREE!!!